Subject: Re: Making a symbol table
To: Chan-youn Park <phygeeks@gmail.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/2005 08:09:29
On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 09:48:38AM +0900, Chan-youn Park wrote:
> Well, symbol table space was allocated, but I think it does not
> automatically make an symbol table.

You are cross-posting to various inocent lists. The symbol table
generation is done by the linker on all archs, but the way it gets passed
to the kernel loader at boot time various from arch to arch. Most will just
use the ELF symbols/sections, other will convert their kernel to a.out or
xcoff and some extract, wrap, and insert the symbols into a preinitialized
static kernel array.

So I'd suggest that you concentrate your post to the arch you are actually
using - the people there will be most likely to help for your special
environment.

Martin
P.S.: cross posting to various lists in general is considered bad style