Subject: Re: Problems with the wm driver
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Kurt Schreiner <ks@ub.uni-mainz.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/2005 18:21:59
On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 09:00:16AM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> [...schnipp...]
>
> Well, they are pci1 device 1 function 0, pci2 device 1 function 0, pci2
> device 1 function 1, and pci3 device 1 function 0. Why, without wiring the
> motherboard down, would they be named anything differently? :-)
Ok, they shouldn't... As I said, just some "feeling" that there may be
a problem w/ ordering caused perhaps by wrong pci-bus- or interrupt
assingment, as I've not come across such an allocation scheme yet...

> > Hm, if I remember correctly, the interfaces were numbered differently
> > in the other dmesg you posted, but not in the "natural" order, too...
> > I've no real data to back up what I call natural order, yust a gut
> > feeling.
>
> I looked at the other post, and they were in the same order.
OK, I stand corrected, will look closer next time.

Sorry for the noise and for not beeing of any help, will shut up now ;-)

-kurt