Subject: Tab completion in /bin/sh
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/2005 11:37:00
The only bash feature that I miss when I use NetBSD's /bin/sh is tab
completion. If someone implemented this (only enabled in emacs mode
perhaps), would it be likely to make it into CVS? Or are there sound
reasons (bloat being the one that springs to mind) why it would be
unlikely to get commited? If someone was considering adding this
functionality, should it go into the editline library or sh itself?

Chris
--
One is not superior merely because one sees the world as odious.
                    Chateaubriand (1768-1848)