Subject: Re: Total system lockup unmounting/ejecting USB sd0 - todays sources.
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/2005 22:45:39
Hello,

> Finished writing the files to a USB2 flash drive, typed eject sd0, it
> wrote for a few seconds and then the whole system locked up. Nothing on
> Xconsole, the keyboard and mouse are inoperative. Can't be pinged.
> ddbonpanic=0 but it didn't do a dump, Seems to be repeatable, unable to
> get into DB, and even if I could, it's a USB keyboard which won't work.

Well, either try to umount your partition before dismounting the key, or
you have stumbled on the same bug as me : sometimes, the USB 2 code lose
a transaction, gets desynchronized, and hangs while trying to reset the
BBB layer.

In fact, this almost never happens while reading, but almost immediately
while writing.

Vincent