Subject: Re: experiments after recent LFS changes
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/2005 16:28:41
--7mxbaLlpDEyR1+x6

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 04:17:43PM +1000, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> My usual test (rsync's of htdocs,pkgsrc,src,xsrc into a vnd-hosted
> LFS) doesn't get very far now; the writing rsync gets stuck on WCHAN
> "buffers" and the process hangs (until i ^C it).=20

Oops; I failed to notice in my dmesg:

 lfs_writer_daemon: livelock: lqc =3D 0 (of 6535), lqb =3D 0 (of 2472320), =
lsp =3D 102282 (of 8648)

However, there's only one of these for several rsync runs, all of
which hung the same way; not sure which generated it, but I'd guess
the first and that left a lock for all the later rsyncs to trip over,
since they all stopped pretty much the same place.

It still stops the same place after a umount and a fresh mount without
the cleaner, though.

--
Dan.
--7mxbaLlpDEyR1+x6