Subject: lfs compatibility
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/2005 16:17:22
Hi,

should I expect lfs in netbsd-3 to be compatible with an lfs
filesystem created by a netbsd-2 kernel?

Booting a Thinkpad 380D with a netbsd-3 GENERIC_LAPTOP kernel from
today's sources worked once. Since then, I get a "Boot failed (errno
5): Can't open /boot."

And the install kernels do not support lfs. "Ouch."

Any ideas, apart from a netboot? (Did I mention that netbsd-3
complains about my 3c589 pcmcia, which worked fine with netbsd-2?)

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik