Subject: experiments with fss, vnd and cgd
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/2005 11:58:39
--CNK/L7dwKXQ4Ub8J

After Manuel's recent vnd fix, I wanted to test and ensure that these
things worked together, so I did some testing.

My disk is encrypted with cgd. I made a vnd file in there, and
configured that as a second cgd, and a filesystem in there.  I created
a bunch of IO load, and also some memory pressure to force swapping
and resource-shortage conditions.  While all this was going on I made
a number of fss(4) internal snapshots in the test filesystem, and read
from those with things like dump(8).

I can report that fss-on-cgd-on-vnd-on-cgd seems to work very well.
Thanks again, Manuel.

--
Dan.

--CNK/L7dwKXQ4Ub8J