Subject: Re: what is today's way of setting su group?
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
From: Arto Selonen <arto@selonen.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/2005 10:49:39
Hi!

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Zafer Aydogan wrote:

> Arto Selonen schrieb:

>> Just upgraded to 3.99.3 with sources from us2 anoncvs mirror (~20050404).
>> Previous system was from ~20050204. su(1) now claims that:
>>
>> su: You are not listed in the correct secondary group (wheel) to su root.
>> su: Sorry: authentication error
>>
>> Well, previously I didn't need to belong there as there was /etc/mk.conf:
>>
>> SU_ROOTAUTH=            rootauth
>>
>> That environment variable name was changed some time ago. Then PAM
>> came and I needed to edit /etc/pam.d/su. Now what?

> /etc/group
> wheel:*:0:root ?

Then somebody needs to update the man page:

"SU_GROUP	If defined, it changes the default group that is
 		allowed to become ``root'' from ``wheel'' to the
 		specified string."

"SU_ROOTAUTH	If defined, it specifies a group whose members are
 		allowed to become ``root'' by supplying their own
 		password instead of the ``root'' one."

Artsi
--
Everstinkuja 5 B 35                               Don't mind doing it.