Subject: Re: I'need a server that provide NetBSD web hosting---
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Petermann <matthias.petermann@bsd-crew.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/04/2005 23:44:53
Hi Francisco,

Francisco Valladolid Hernandez wrote:
> it is urgent, I need a good web server that provide NetBSD web hosting
> with good support and price. Dedicated or no, is ok.

www.strato.de provides so called root-servers where you get full control
about the machine. That means, it is connected to an serial console
terminal server. You'll be able to install NetBSD through the network
with a slightly modified boot-floppy (boot-floppy must be set to provide
a console on COM1 @ 57600 bit/s).
I managed this on the easiest way by adding the following line to
/usr/src/distrib/i386/floppies/bootfloppy-big/Makefile :

FLOPPYBOOTOPTIONS=      -o console=com0,speed=57600

After that, I built a new release using build.sh. The resulting
boot-big.fs (2.88MB floppy-image) can be copied to the harddisc of the
server using the rescue system. After the reboot of the original system,
the NetBSD-installer will come up. There are some further things to take
care about - you can check out [1] or [2]. Link [1] is the documentation
for NetBSD i just started - unfortunately still only in German.

Kind regards
Matthias

[1] http://wiki.bsd-crew.de/index.php/Strato-Rootserver_mit_NetBSD
[2] http://www.dettus.net/openbsd_at_strato.txt