Subject: Re: Resource needs
To: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/2005 19:30:06
Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 02:04:17PM +0100, Chris Wareham wrote:
>

>>As a result, I'd suggest that comparing Linux 2.2.x with its relatively
>>modest feature set to NetBSD 2.0 is a little unfair.
>

> You mean, the kernel of NetBSD 2.0 should be compared to 2.4.x rather?
> Or 2.6.x?

Linux 2.4.x would be a fair comparison for the kernel in NetBSD 2.0. If
I'd suggest that Linux 2.6.x should be compared to the kernel in NetBSD
-current, as they're both unstable development versions.

Chris
--
One is not superior merely because one sees the world as odious.
                    Chateaubriand (1768-1848)