Subject: Re: wake up umass/scsibus device detection by another device
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/2005 02:07:56
I've had similar behavior on EHCI/UHCI equiped i915 based boards. It's
like sometimes interrupts were never caught or fired in GENERIC. I
switched to GENERIC.MPACPI and that seemed to improve matters, though I
haven't been testing it much recently though. In my USB debug kernel,
there was zero activity from the USB side of things when I would plug in a
device at the highest debug level, but, plug something into another random
port, and then all the sudden everything shows up. It's weird.

--
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.