Subject: wake up umass/scsibus device detection by another device
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/2005 15:39:45
I have an IBM X31 with CF slot, and have found from time to time my cards
get rejected as 'bogus CIS' with a long timeout. They insert, they detect
to some level, then nothing happens. no wd<x> is detected. When you eject
you get the count in seconds since insertion as a debug message.

If I do an insert-remove on a USB device at the same time, I can often wake
these devices up. Its like some other timer check on the pending requests
walks through the queue, and sweeps it up.

I noticed this with two USB disks, one an iPod Mini, which would go into
its bulk update state, but not detect a drive reliably (sometimes scsictl
can wake it up) unless another device is plug/unplugged when its there.

Odd. Anybody else seen this?

-George