Subject: Re: Packet Filter
To: Peter Postma <peter@pointless.nl>
From: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/24/2005 00:56:41
Hi Peter.

Forgive me my ignorance but I can see ALTQ is supported in the kernel.
I allways assumed ALTQ was a part of packet filter or at least a close "relative".
Does this mean ALTQ per today can be tagged by ipf only?

And when it comes to pfsync, is anyone working on it and on CARP at the moment?
I read some info on the web CARP was ported over but I never saw it in the sources.
There is /usr/pkgsrc/net/ucarp ...but it's "just" a userland application.

With your patch, will this disable ALTQ for ipf?
What would be the kernel options to include it?

Thanks for your answer.
Cheers,
YazzY

--