Subject: Re: 3.99.1 kernel panic in swapper at boot
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/2005 18:14:24
> In article <79818143bdc11680a242f2395447c579@dtcc.edu>,
> Chris Tribo  <ctribo@dtcc.edu> wrote:
> >This is an MP kernel running on a uniprocessor machine if that makes a
> >difference. I'm probably doing something idiotic, but I can't think of
> >what off the top of my head.
>
> Hmm, what is the simple lock that is held?
> Can you compile a DIAGNOSTIC/LOCKDEBUG kernel?
>
> christos

I do have those options defined already in the running kernel. sync and
reboot just immediately halt the system since there's no dump device
configured. Can I get this information from ddb without sifting through
stack frames?

#       $NetBSD: GENERIC.MPDEBUG,v 1.3 2004/06/14 01:28:00 lukem Exp $
#
#       GENERIC.MPDEBUG -- Generic multiprocessor, plus enable all the
DEBUG
#               switches we can.

include "arch/i386/conf/GENERIC.MPACPI"

makeoptions     DEBUG="-g"

options         DIAGNOSTIC      # STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
options         LOCKDEBUG
options         MPDEBUG
options         MPVERBOSE
options         DEBUG