Subject: Re: Problems accessing anoncvs
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/2005 17:05:26
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> writes:

> The server permits about 100 simultaneous connections.

...but there are mirrors.  Could I ask you to explain the simplest way
of changing from using cvs.netbsd.org, to using a mirror?  Will I have
to write a script to recursively seek out and edit files in every CVS
directory, or is there a way to make CVS do it for me?  Can I expect
the change to be seamless, or could there be timestamp trouble that I
should avoid by (temporarily, at least) running CVS with checksumming
after the change?

I've been wanting to do this for a while, but haven't gotten around to
investigating -- and a good explanation on current-users might do a
lot of good for the poor root server...  :-)

-tih
--
Don't ascribe to stupidity what can be adequately explained by ignorance.