Subject: 2nd Status update on XFree86 4.5.0 import
To: None <tech-x11@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/2005 23:32:02
On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 08:57:18PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> > 3.) Update reachover build framework in "src/x11".
> > 4.) Update set lists for reachover build framework.
> Tyler Retzlaff has offered to handle this part.

Tyler Retzlaff, Christos Zoulas and I have mostly fixed the reachover
build framework:

1.) The build work fine now.
2.) The set lists are uptodate (at least for NetBSD-i386).

The build does however not build everything that the "native" build
does, "libdmx" is e.g. missing. I'll try to fix that this week (unless
somebody beats me to it).

Please update *both* "src" and "xsrc" before attempting build things and
make sure that you got at least revision 1.307 of "src/etc/Makefile".

> Further feedback (success reports, problems, patches etc.) would be
> very useful.

I still would like to now if (cross) builds, clients and (that part is
important) the server works one these configurations:
- NetBSD-alpha
- NetBSD-cats
- NetBSD-i386 with a non-ATI graphics card
- NetBSD-sparc
- NetBSD-macppc without Michael's changes

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/