Subject: Re: apm - cannot open /dev/apmctl
To: Christian Goetz <cgoetz@pandora.be>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/2005 22:20:25
On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 08:38:36PM +0100, Christian Goetz wrote:
> Well, it seems that I will have to choose between wifi (wi0) and apm
> (apm0) since I can't get enough IRQs without GENERIC.MP.
>
> --cgoetz.

You can compile your own uniprocessor kernel with ioapic support,
which might help with your interrupt mapping problem and might
work with apm.

You need to uncomment lines:

ioapic* at mainbus?
options	MPBIOS

from the GENERIC config.

Jaromir

> Lubomir Sedlacik a écrit:
>
> >On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 06:49:28PM +0100, Christian Goetz wrote:
> >

> >>Under NetBSD2.0 with GENERIC.MP, no way to get correct battery status.
> >>dmesg also tells apm cannot open /dev/apmctl.  The device /dev/apmctl
> >>exists and access rights seems ok.
> >>

> >APM and SMP are mutually exclusive.
> >

> >regards,

-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-