Subject: Re: atheros short range
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/2005 09:54:23
I have found that current (well, 20050202) works far better than 2.0.
In my 20-node network (all IBM ath(4) in thinkpads, running in IBSS
mode), I found that nodes that never connected under 2.0 have working
links under current.

Also, I found that a proxim a/b/g ath(4) card doesn't work right.  It
can send and receive multicast, and thus forms OSPF p2mp adjacencies
and gets routes, and it can send unicast packets, but it does not
receive unicast packets, either via ip_input or bpf.  I haven't
figured this out yet - the card seems to sometimes work in other
environments.  This is all in IBSS mode.

I'm looking forward to the new hal.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>