Subject: Re: Proposal: removal of sendmail and postfix from base install
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/2005 12:04:17
On Mar 17, 2005, at 11:56 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 11:52:43AM -0800, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
>> Stefan and I both agree that with his quote, "everyone expects that a
>> *BSD should have sendmail in base."
>
> And I disagree. The "in base" distinction is arbitrary.

I don't have a problem with tweaking what is known as "traditional"
functionality if conditions change.  However, I would hope that before
such a proposal is acted upon, integrating a ready-to-install pkgsrc
tree more tightly into a default, base installation (i.e. sysinst)
would be necessary.  At least for my sanity.

> Martin

Dave