Subject: Re: Proposal: removal of sendmail and postfix from base install
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/2005 19:27:58
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org> writes:

> 	Many system supplied binaries are using older code bases or code
> 	bases where features are missing or not enabled.  Two cases
> 	immediately spring to mind:  postfix, and the lpr printing system.

I absolutely agree.  I replace these, as well.  Perhaps doing as you
suggest could be the start of a process to transform the distribution
from an "all or nothing" installation (OK, the tool chain, man pages,
and X, are separate), into a package based one.

-tih
--
Don't ascribe to stupidity what can be adequately explained by ignorance.