Subject: anoncvs, and a question for all current users who update from it
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/2005 22:56:49
--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD

Okay, before I go into any more detail, I would like to know: does anyone
else see these errors more often than not (or at least 50% of the time..)
when updating via rsync or cvs from anoncvs.netbsd.org?

rsync error:

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4092 bytes: phase "unknown"
[generator]: Broken pipe(32)
rsync: read error: Connection timed out (60)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(515)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(909)
Exit 12

cvs error:

Received disconnect from 204.152.190.16: 2: fork failed: Resource
temporarily unavailable cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server
(consult above messages if any)
Exit 1

(note that the exit values are shown only because I have printexitvalue set
in tcsh.)

If anyone else has these problems with anoncvs.netbsd.org, please respond,
so that we may find out what exactly we have in common, other than the
errors.

- Sean

--
 _