Subject: Re: pam, ssh, and pam_ssh
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@tac.gw.com>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@entropy.homeip.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/14/2005 15:51:11
Christos Zoulas wrote:
> In article <42350A67.9080306@entropy.homeip.net>,
> maximum entropy  <entropy@entropy.homeip.net> wrote:
>

>>Hope that helps you reproduce it.  Please note that it has nothing to do
>>with "authorized_keys" since no authorized_keys file is present in my
>>example.
>

> I think it has to do with authorized_keys. Can you try it now, with pam-ssh.c
> revision 1.7?

With revision 1.7, I can't log in via ssh at all if pam_ssh is enabled
for either auth or session management:

# ssh -l entropy localhost
Connection closed by 127.0.0.1

Can you explain to me why you think this has anything to do with
authorized_keys?  I see no mention of authorized_keys in the pam_ssh
manpage.  It seems to me that even if you accomplish what I think you're
trying to accomplish, then you're changing pam_ssh to do something
fundamentally different from what it's documented to do.

Why are you so opposed to just disabling pam_ssh by default?  How is it
in anyone's best interest for this to be the default behavior?  Several
of us have already been burned by this.  If I got this behavior from a
release I'd be furious right now...