Subject: Re: is audio fully working for anyone on T30?
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/2005 17:14:09
On 08 Mar 2005 17:55:45 -0500 Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com> wrote:

>I have a T30 2366-97U, and audio seems to work mostly with some
>workarounds (with 1.6.x, 2.0 and now 2.99.15).
>
>I use APM, not ACPI, and do suspend, but not hibernate:
>
>I run this when coming out of suspend:
>
>#!/bin/sh
>mixerctl -w inputs.dac.mute=off
>mixerctl -w outputs.master.mute=off
>
>I found that having the gnome mixer applet loaded would cause crashes
>on suspend, and I'm not sure that is fixed.
>
>I suspend all the time, and find that I get gaim noises as expected.
>I use the volume/mute buttons that aren't part of the pc-visible
>keyboard, and don't muck with mixer settings.

on the X31, using those keys seems to cause apm zzz to terminate in a halt
state with dirty disk on occasions. :-(

interestingly the [no speaker] button appears to persist across reboot
including powerdown. So it must be doing NVRAM stuff somewhere funny.

I don't think FreeBSD is any better here btw, the ACPI/APM saga is going to
go on a lot longer for all of us I think.

-George