Subject: Re: Trouble with build.sh distribution.
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@redcrowgroup.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/2005 08:25:32
--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 08:54:20AM -0800, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> Glen Johnson wrote:

[snip]

> This is almost definitely because you're trying to compile on an HFS+ or=
=20
> HFS filesystem, which is case-insensitive.  I'm not certain whether=20
> build.sh under OS X works, but at the very least, you'd need to  do it=20
> on a UFS filesystem... it should be OK to use a mounted image from a file.

Don't bother with UFS, Apple's not keeping it up.

Try case-sensitive HFS+. You can't use it for your root partition (both=20
because I don't know how to get the CD tools to make one and also because=
=20
MacOS X won't run on case-sensitive file systems - or didn't in 10.2), but=
=20
it will work with any other partition. Look at man newfs_hfs, especially=20
the '-s' option. I have pkgsrc on my laptop using it.

Take care,

Bill

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy--