Subject: Re: PAM enabled on head
To: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/2005 23:52:55
--yQbNiKLmgenwUfTN

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 01:44:35PM +0100, Quentin Garnier wrote:
  | Speaking of which, there is an issue for people like me who compile with
  | MKKERBEROS=3Dno.  That way, pam_krb5.so is not built, but yet it is ref=
erenced
  | by the pam configuration files.  Hence after the installation of such a
  | system, I can't login.
  |=20
  | The solution would be to conditionally comment a few bits of the pam
  | configuration file.  Do we want that?  I don't think it would be too
  | difficult.

Why not just modify them in your own source tree?
Also, once installed the /etc/pam.d files don't get updated by
postinstall (or etcupdate), so it's a "fix once locally" issue.

I currently don't see the major benefit in providing different
end-user configuration files based on MK<var> variable settings.

Cheers,
Luke.

--yQbNiKLmgenwUfTN

--yQbNiKLmgenwUfTN--