Subject: Re: us.sbin/racoon fails 'make cleandir'
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/07/2005 16:08:16
Johnny Billquist wrote:

> I know you can do it without symlinks, but I still have them around. I
> probably need to change something in /etc/mk.conf to not have that
> setup. Or otherwise there is something I do need to put in there. For
> now, I do get the symlinks when running build.sh anyway. And others seem
> to get them too.

I certainly have symlinks like /usr/src/foo/bar/obj -> /usr/obj/foo/bar
after running build.sh.  But I don't think that was the problem with the
current example of racoon.

My impression from reading earlier threads on racoon is that (for a
short time) racoon was compiled by mistake in the /usr/src tree and
the resulting object files prevented cvs -P from pruning the obsolete
source directories (because they were not empty).

The symlinks don't seem to cause me any trouble.  But if they don't
belong there I would like to know how to prevent build.sh from making
the symlinks.