Subject: Re: us.sbin/racoon fails 'make cleandir'
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/07/2005 13:15:52
--vni90+aGYgRvsTuO

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 06:55:49PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
>=20
> >	no, it would not.  This is why you should be using obj directories.
> >Otherwise you need to remember to run 'make cleandir' _before_ updating.
>=20
> The problem is that using obj directories might mean you have symlinks in=
=20
> there, which cause the same problem anyway.

No, the current obj dir framework we're using doesn't actually need the=20
obj dir to be in the sourcedir. It is infact in a different tree. So you=20
shouldn't have symlinks anymore.

Lingering obj directories (real or symlinks) can still cause issues, but=20
that's a matter of cleanup.

Take care,

Bill

--vni90+aGYgRvsTuO