Subject: Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Troms?=
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/2005 17:04:42
On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 07:33:46AM -0800, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> Not other than 'me, too'.  The problem with rsync.netbsd.org's
> repository is that it's not kept up to date the same way as anoncvs, so
> it's often hours or even days behind.  I've often thought, recently,

Yes, it seems also now rsync.netbsd.org is a bit behind. Not
sure. At least we have a full repository again (a significant part
had disappeared).

> that it would be _very_ useful to have a second repository populated the
> same way as anoncvs, that's only accessible by registered mirrors.  As
> it stands now, when anoncvs goes belly-up, so do all the mirrors.  :-(

Yes, and maybe setup a mirror hierarchy for the ftp mirrors at the same
time. Nicely synchronized, so that updating mirrors would be much
faster after a new NetBSD release. This has been mentioned before, but
it seems there are few resources/manhours available to set up
something like this.

Feico.