Subject: Re: promise sata TX2Plus not configured
To: Lukas Diduch <lukasdi@gmx.de>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/04/2005 15:47:56
Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 10:25:45AM +0100, Lukas Diduch:
> > because

> > > Promise Technology product 0x3d75 (miscellaneous mass storage, revision
> > > 0x02) at pci0 dev 2 function 0 not configured
> > > psycho1 at mainbus0 addr 0xfffc6000
> > >
> > > here's a pcictl dump of the device :
> > >
> > > PCI configuration registers:
> > >   Common header:
> > >     0x00: 0x3d75105a 0x02300007 0x01800002 0x00002040
> > >
> > >     Vendor Name: Promise Technology (0x105a)
> > >     Device ID: 0x3d75
> >
> > For starters, Its probably showing up as 'not configured' because the
> > device
> > ID is not in pcidevs or in pdcide's table of devices to match.  You could
> > add it and see if it is close enough to those supported by the pdcide
> > driver.
> >
> (Sorry for mailing 2x John.) I've altered (not added yet) pcidevs and
> pcidevs.h respectively to know the id (3d75) of the pdcsata dev. (changed
> the id's of 3318 then 3375 then 3379 to 3d75) The device IS recognized now,
> but fails to initialize the hdd. It recognizes just 65gb out of 160gb and
> hangs up in a loop then : bogus int (reg 0x2)....
> I will run more tests given the time, and if you need someone testing new
> code on this new piece of hw., here i am :>

yesterday Mathias Scheler suggested that this card ought to use the pdcsata
driver, rather than the pdcide driver.  Perhaps you could try that.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'change the IDs'.  It should not be necessary
to use a variation of the ID for a given card.