Subject: Re: the best way to stay current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jaka Jejcic <jj@gnorw.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/03/2005 19:35:48
On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 10:03:03AM -0800, David Rio Deiros wrote:
> I have some questions about running -current.
> Someone told me that the best way to stay current is to just use
> the lastest current kernel but don't recompiling/installing the
> userland applications just that ones you specifically need.
> It seems to me like a very wise advice. That is what I am doing.
> I am running 2.99.16 but I have the 2.0 userlands.

Well ... i do the build.sh routine every two weeks and rebuild everything
(kernel userland and X) ... after that (if the time permits) I usualy
cvs the latest pkgsrc and make update everything there as well, but that
usualy doesn't work just as it is and needs minor adjustments and hence
I skip it from time to time ;)

jj