Subject: Re: Log rotation
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/03/2005 04:59:04
[ On Friday, February 18, 2005 at 16:43:03 (-0600), Peter Seebach wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Log rotation

FYI, see:

	http://www.weird.com/~woods/projects/newsyslog.html

> Okay, quick poll:
>
> 	* Who here wants newsyslog to support wildcarding?

I think that would be a bad idea -- but I like being pedantic when
configuring automated systems.  :-)

However if you look in the ToDo file from my version you'll find that I
do see some merit for the likes of many RADIUS daemons; and it's already
a feature of FreeBSD's version.

> 	* Who would like a "command to run after rotating" option, perhaps
> 	  a little more generic than the support for PID files?

Also noted in my ToDo file, and already a feature of OpenBSD's version.

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@robohack.ca>