Subject: Re: Proper usage of fssconfig
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org,>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@gmx.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/28/2005 02:48:46
In article <20050227211856.GA3763@bseis.eis.cs.tu-bs.de> you wrote:
> Using a directory means the backing store is unlinked after setup. This type
> of snapshot will be deleted when unconfigured or when the snapped file system
> is unmounted. Using an explicit file makes the snapshot persistent (live
> after unmount).

Maybe you can update the manpage a bit? It's not really clear how this
operates. What about "backup" resides on the snapshotted filesystem and is
a file? What if it is a directory?

What if the "backup" doesn't reside on the snapshotted filesystem, but is
a directory?

Also, using of the snapshots may be shown too, in the EXAMPLES section - I
can only guess that one can use dump(8) to back things up? Or is the
preferred method to mount the fss and use tar?

 - Hubert

--
  ___ _ _  _   _        * Harddisk Image Cloning *
 / __| | || | | |           www.feyrer.de/g4u/