Subject: Re: Trouble with build.sh distribution.
To: Glen Johnson <nelg@rev.net>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@redcrowgroup.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/2005 08:54:20
Glen Johnson wrote:

> Dear NetBSD current,
> I have an OLD 80386 PC which I would like to recompile the kernel and
> other things for concerning the userland.  I have an iBook, running
> OS  X, which I down loaded the source for NetBSD 2.0 current.  I can
> build  the tools, and kernel, however when I try to build a
> distribution of  the userland it breaks with the following error
> messages.
> ---------------8<-------------------------------
> -8<--------------------------------8<----------------------------
>
> cleandir ===> gnu/usr.bin/cvs/cvs
> rm -f add.o admin.o annotate.o buffer.o checkin.o checkout.o
> classify.o  client.o commit.o create_adm.o cvsrc.o diff.o edit.o
> entries.o error.o  expand_path.o fileattr.o filesubr.o find_names.o
> hardlink.o hash.o  history.o ignore.o import.o lock.o log.o login.o
> logmsg.o main.o  mkmodules.o modules.o myndbm.o no_diff.o parseinfo.o
> patch.o rcs.o  rcscmds.o recurse.o release.o remove.o repos.o root.o
> run.o scramble.o  server.o stack.o status.o subr.o tag.o update.o
> vers_ts.o version.o  watch.o wrapper.o zlib.o  add.ln admin.ln
> annotate.ln buffer.ln  checkin.ln checkout.ln classify.ln client.ln
> commit.ln create_adm.ln  cvsrc.ln diff.ln edit.ln entries.ln error.ln
> expand_path.ln fileattr.ln  filesubr.ln find_names.ln hardlink.ln
> hash.ln history.ln ignore.ln  import.ln lock.ln log.ln login.ln
> logmsg.ln main.ln mkmodules.ln  modules.ln myndbm.ln no_diff.ln
> parseinfo.ln patch.ln rcs.ln rcscmds.ln  recurse.ln release.ln
> remove.ln repos.ln root.ln run.ln scramble.ln  server.ln stack.ln
> status.ln subr.ln tag.ln update.ln vers_ts.ln  version.ln watch.ln
> wrapper.ln zlib.ln
> rm -f a.out [Ee]rrs mklog core *.core .gdbinit cvs
> rm: cvs: is a directory

This is almost definitely because you're trying to compile on an HFS+ or
HFS filesystem, which is case-insensitive.  I'm not certain whether
build.sh under OS X works, but at the very least, you'd need to  do it
on a UFS filesystem... it should be OK to use a mounted image from a file.

Try it, and let us know!

+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         riz@redcrowgroup.com