Subject: Re: Log rotation
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@azenomei.knuffel.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2005 02:13:37
On Fri 18 Feb 2005 at 18:44:31 -0600, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> 	um.. it seems to me that copy+truncate would be a lot more vulnerable to
> that. i.e.:

Also, isn't it the case that truncating the file does not reset the file
pointer? So the next time an entry is logged in it, it is at the same
place where it would have been otherwise, i.e. way past EOF and the
empty space before it is simply filled with NULs.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            --  rhialto/at/falu.nl
\X/ Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me to your .signature to help me spread!