Subject: Re: Re[2]: stupid questions about sendmail
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/2005 13:54:06
In article <20050218190815.GQ5662@chup.gado>,
	Denis Lagno <dlagno@mail.ru> writes:
>> You want "flam.gado" to send all mail to "chup.gado"?
>
> yes
>
>> Then configure
>> "flam" as a nullclient. First, create a file "nullclient.mc",
>>
>> define(`_CF_DIR_', `/usr/share/sendmail/')
>> include(`/usr/share/sendmail/m4/cf.m4')
>> OSTYPE(bsd4.4)
>> FEATURE(nullclient,chup.gado.)
>>
>> (or, even better, substitute for "chup.gado." its IP address,
>> in brackets).

I should add, you might also want "FEATURE(nocanonify)". See
"/usr/share/sendmail/README".

> before I try it -- I want to say that chup.gado is a laptop,
> and it may be disconnected at any time.  In such cases I want
> messages just to stay in sendmail queue and deliver them when
> reconnected.  Do you think those methods should work for such a scenario?

Yes, the nullclient will queue until the main mail server is
available. I actually tried the other thing yesterday -- having
the submission agent connect directly to the main server, but
I couldn't get that to work. I'd recommend the nullclient thing.

Frederick