Subject: Re: where are docs for adding a new sysctl?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/2005 16:36:03
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, Martin Husemann wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 03:51:56PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > Where are the docs for adding a new sysctl using the new dynamic sysctl?
>
> man 9 sysctl

I was looking for step-by-step docs that say: add ... to sys/sys/sysctl.h,
create (or modify) ...., rebuild your kernel, rebuild sbin/sysctl, reboot,
etc.

I see in source mention of "vendor", but don't see any examples of adding
a vendor sysctl. sysctl(9)

I also see code examples of SYSCTL_NODE() and SYSCTL_INT() macros but
don't see documented. (In fact, I don't even find it defined.)

As I figure this out, I will documented it (unless someone points me to
existing howto).

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/