Subject: Re: PXE boot on diskless VIA EDEN mini-ITX system problem
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/2005 18:47:03
> The NetBSD2.0 bootloader (disk, not pxe) is crashing my EPIA "M"
> board too. There is somewhere an incompatibility with either
> the BIOS or the CPU ("Ezra" in my case).

The problem with this stuff is that finding the cause is a tough
debuging problem.  The 2.0 bootload code actually has some fixes in
the instructions it uses to switch between 16bit and 32bit mode.
However it also changes the memory layout slightly (to stop the
stack hitting the static data whenever a few lines of code are added).

If I had a board, I might find time to look at it.....
(I'm in the SE of the UK)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk