Subject: Re: PXE boot on diskless VIA EDEN mini-ITX system problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/2005 15:48:33
a.reilly@lake.com ("Andrew Reilly") writes:

>The one catch here =
>(which is probably pilot error in my dhcpd.conf) is that second-stage =
>pxeboot does another DHCP request (I guess it has to), and gets the same =
>filename as the original PXE mechanism.

You can distinguish both cases by the vendor-class-identifier:

class "pxe-clients-ia32" {
        match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 20)
                = "PXEClient:Arch:00000";
        filename "pxeboot_ia32_com0.bin";
        next-server 1.2.3.4;
}

class "netbsd-pxe-clients-ia32" {
        match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 19)
                = "NetBSD:i386:libsa";
        filename "tftp:netbsd";
        option root-path "/export/pxeboot/root";
        option swap-server 1.2.3.4;
}

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de