Subject: RE: PXE boot on diskless VIA EDEN mini-ITX system problem
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Andrew Reilly <a.reilly@lake.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/2005 10:24:52

------_=_NextPart_001_01C51547.E1A84E20

Hi Dan,

[Sorry for the reduced circumstances of this reply: I'm still not quite =
back on the air...]

Yes, I did tcpdump, and it just seems to stop after tftp hands it the =
pxeboot_ia32.bin file.  Thanks to some of the other replies that I =
received, I've tried the pxeboot_ia32.bin from the 1.6.2 release tree, =
and that seems to be working more-or-less perfectly.  The one catch here =
(which is probably pilot error in my dhcpd.conf) is that second-stage =
pxeboot does another DHCP request (I guess it has to), and gets the same =
filename as the original PXE mechanism.  So I'm currently getting =
netbsd-current to boot by making a link called /pxeboot_ia32.bin that =
points to /netbsd.  This can probably be finessed with conditionals in =
the dhcpd.conf file...

I'll see if I can submit a proper error report when I have the box set =
up properly.

Cheers,