Subject: Re: ath driver HAL status 3
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/2005 08:00:30
On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 07:23:45AM +0100, Wouter Klouwen wrote:
> David Young(dyoung@pobox.com) said 2005.02.09 22:25:11 +0000:
> > IIUC, Wouter's card works on one machine, but not another.  I don't see
> > why the HAL should act any different between the two.  Do other Cardbus
> > cards work ok in the Armada, Wouter?
>
> Sorry for the late reply, the mailing lists seem to be acting up on delivery
> to me.
> This is the first cardbus card I've actually needed to use on the Armada. I
> vaguely remember trying some noname realtek PCMCIA card, which was detected
> A-OK, and after a while some CF PCMCIA card, which didn't work. Perhaps
> there are some issues with cbb(4) on this particular laptop? Who would I
> have to contact to debug this?

src/sys/arch/i386/conf> head CARDBUS
# $NetBSD: CARDBUS,v 1.73 2004/08/26 14:33:01 itohy Exp $
#
#       CARDBUS: GENERIC + CardBus support

include         "arch/i386/conf/GENERIC"

# Following makes ARMADA M700's happy
#options        RBUS_MIN_START=0x20000000
#options        RBUS_IO_BASE=0x600
#options        RBUS_IO_SIZE=0x100

and what dmesg output did you have for cbb? incl. the cardslot lines, maybe the
later is missing and so a pcmcia card would work, but not a cardbus one.

Bernd