Subject: Re: mono experience cutting to subversion
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@jodi.nimenees.com>
From: Rich Neswold <rich.neswold@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/2005 16:01:48
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:25:55 -0600, Eric Haszlakiewicz
<erh@jodi.nimenees.com> wrote:
>         One effect of switching to subversion would be a decrease in flexibility
> wrt what you can get.  Right now you can grab just a portion of the
> repository (e.g. on src/bin/ls), but with subversion you'd be limited to
> the granularity of one of the entire repositories.

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can pull out a portion. Assuming your
src was at "netbsd.org:/svn/src", you could do this:

$ svn co http://netbsd.org/svn/src/bin/ls

Since Subversion doesn't have tags, you move between "tags" by
changing your checked-out point in the repository.

Disclaimer: I've only started familiaring myself with Subversion. It
has some good points and some bad (more than likely, I consider some
points "bad" because I'm very comfortable with CVS.)

--
Rich

AIM : rnezzy
ICQ : 174908475