Subject: Re: mono experience cutting to subversion
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/2005 12:20:29

>Looks to me like a bunch of stubborn developers who don't want to
>change their ways to take better advantage of a new tool... Not so much
>subversion problems...
>
>I rarely run 'cvs annotate' myself.

Yes. I got that feeling too. (We run SVN here for APNIC s/w development,
we're very happy with it as a local tool) -But I don't think people are
obsessively checking in single files!

But I think the critique I've seen here about NetBSD still has plus and
minus for both sides: its interesting, its good people are going to look at
it, its good somebody like Perry is being very pro, but its also clear
there are valid questions/FUD about it, to be verified.

-G