Subject: Re: ntfs and linux emul
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2005 14:52:59
[Thus spake Jaromir Dolecek ("JD: ") 10:02pm...]

JD: CZ:> NTFS is broken with respect to mmap.
JD:
JD: Broken how? I tried to checksum file data read via read(2) vs. mmap(2)
JD: and there was no difference.
JD:
JD: I'd be grateful for repeatable example of ntfs mmap problem.

I have found that an initial read of something from an NTFS will
produce different results than on subsequent reads -- this using
cp, tar, sum, and dd.

Why this is, I'm not sure, but I make sure to read things twice --
once to someplace of no import, then once onto FFS to access the
data.

				--*greywolf;
--
Support Open Operating Systems -- subvert the Microsoft paradigm.