Subject: Re: ntfs and linux emul
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@tac.gw.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2005 22:02:51
On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 08:41:36AM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> In article <420B4FE5.8090203@netbastards.org>,
> Mihai CHELARU  <kefren@netbastards.org> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I observed that on both 2.0 and -current linux emulated programs can't
> >access ntfs. I used /bin/cp and /emul/linux/bin/cp to copy a file from a
> >  NTFS partition. Here are the results: http://gw.netbastards.org/ntfs/
> >The files differ. Looks like mmap in linux emul is somehow broken (or
> >maybe something else).
>
> NTFS is broken with respect to mmap.

Broken how? I tried to checksum file data read via read(2) vs. mmap(2)
and there was no difference.

I'd be grateful for repeatable example of ntfs mmap problem.

Jaromir
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-