Subject: ath driver HAL status 3
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wouter Klouwen <dublet@dublet.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2005 04:13:37
Dear all,

I recently purchased a NetGear WiFi card for one of my laptops which
currently had no WiFi (Compaq Armada E500). Upon plugging in the card, it
gets detected and the following is spit out:

ath0 at cardbus1 dev 0 function 0
ath0: unable to attach hardware; HAL status 3

however, plugging it into my IBM ThinkPad R51 gives me:

ath0 at cardbus0 dev 0 function 0
ath0: mac 5.9 phy 4.3 5ghz radio 4.6
ath0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
ath0: 11g rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps 24Mbps
36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps

The Armada runs a stock 2.0 install, but with a 2.99.15 kernel (naughty, I
know), and the ThinkPad runs a 2.0 install, but with a 2.99.14 kernel
(again, very naughty).

What is HAL status 3, and how do I get it to work on my Armada?

Any additional information needed for debugging wil gladly be provided.

Regards,
	Wouter Klouwen

Note: The NetGear is a WG511TFS