Subject: Re: anoncvs problems
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Alec Berryman <alec@thened.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/2005 15:53:06
--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

Thor Lancelot Simon on 2005-02-07 15:37:07 -0500:

> I asked for examples before, and though I got a few assertions of
> the existence of such examples, I did not actually get any specimens
> of them.  This doesn't surprise me, because frankly I doubt that
> Subversion in the state it was in then (particularly with the BDB
> backend) was ready for that kind of use.  Perhaps things are
> different now; I'll be glad enough if they are; but just taking it
> on faith that that is the case is a bit too much for me, because,
> honestly, I am not so much for religion in these matters.

I agree that the BDB backend wasn't ready for a project this size.  I
do care enough to give it a spin, so I'm pulling down the NetBSD CVS
repository now and hopefully by the weekend will be able to report
back with some facts, figures, statistics, and whatnot.  Bandwidth
permitting recruit some people to test out using it in place of
anoncvs.  No promises, I'll report back when I have a bit more than
hot air :)

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh--