Subject: Re: anoncvs problems
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Barry Bouwsma <freebsd-misuser@remove-NOSPAM-to-reply.NOSPAM.dyndns.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/2005 13:18:08
Feico Dillema wrote:

> Maybe we should stimulate users to use the mirrors more? I don't know
> about the others, but our mirror hardly sees more than 5 simultaneous
> users and is often enough idle.

Hi,

Can I ask you to check where your .no mirror is mirroring from, and
if necessary, change it, so as not to pull corrupted source?

I'm seeing (at least) the following when using `CVSup' to mirror
your repository -- as spoken by your cvsupd, indicating a problem
in your mirrored repository:

Server warning: RCS file error in "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/netbsd/htdocs/D
ocumentation/network/index.xml,v": 2: "symbols" expected

You may have to delete this to force `rsync' to pull a new file...

If there are further problems within netbsd-src, I'll have to
cvsup again, as there's a good deal of re-tagging since my last
update, so I've missed any other warnings.  Hmmm, nope, don't
seem to be any others, nosirree, nope, nope.

Also, I personally would be interested to see a map/diagram of the
various repository master/mirror sites and the protocols used
between them, to make it easier to pinpoint/work-around problems
like this when they are observed...

thanks
barry bouwsma
(address in header are *not* munged, but one requires IPv6 mail ability)