Subject: strange nis behaviour
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/2005 17:06:40
--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

Hi current-users,

I updated my system to the latest version:
NetBSD arcelot.loria.fr 2.99.15 NetBSD 2.99.15 (MYKERNEL) #0: Fri Feb  4
15:23:32 CET 2005 tonio@arcelot.loria.fr:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/MYKERNEL i386

I am trying to setup nis to let people log into my machine.
ypcat works fine, and i have:
$ ypcat passwd | wc -l
987

However, only a few nis accounts can login (belonging to different
groups), the others getting "unknown login".
I have:
$ getent passwd | wc -l
69

there are only 15 local accounts, and so getent lists 54 nis accounts,
but not the others !

That's strange, since i followed the same setup as for 2.0 (and in 2.0,
there was no nis problem).

My current setup contains:
/etc/master.passwd contains a line
+:::::::::

and /etc/group one with: +:::

/etc/nsswitch.conf:
group:          compat
group_compat:   nis
hosts:          files dns
netgroup:       files [notfound=return] nis
networks:       files
passwd:         compat
passwd_compat:  nis
shells:         files

/etc/passwd.conf:
default:
  localcipher = blowfish,7
	ypcipher = old

and /etc/pam.d/ was populated by etcupgrade with the standard files.

Please let me know if you have an idea about what happens there.
Regards,
  Antoine

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr--