Subject: Re: Transmit rate of ath interface
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <p@ppires.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/28/2005 10:51:05
On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 08:29:02PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> In message <20050127140013.GA13905@domine.ppires.org>, Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pi
> res writes:
> >So the question is: how can I check/change NetBSD's Tx rate?  I
> >don't clearly see it anywhere in wlanctl(8) manpage, nor in
> >ifconfig(8) or wiconfig(8).
> >

> See the mode parameters to ifconfig.

As far as I get, mode and media parameters allow us to define
maximum possible rates.  What I want to know (and perhaps change)
is the actual active Tx rate.

What should I understand from the output below?

	# wiconfig ath0 | grep -i rate
	TX rate (selection):                    [ 54 ]
	TX rate (actual speed):                 [ 1 ]

And, since wiconfig seems to work to get card's status, why can't
I set some of its parameters?

	# wiconfig ath0 -A 2
	wiconfig: SIOCSWAVELAN: Invalid argument

And, by the way, shouldn't wiconfig be renamed or superseded by
wlanctl or some other tool?

--
	Pappires

... Qui habet aurem audiat quid Spiritus dicat ecclesiis.