Subject: Re: Building pkgsrc for alternative arch or OS rev?
To: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@jodi.nimenees.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/24/2005 15:50:45
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 03:40:14PM -0600, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 08:12:49PM -0500, Chris Ross wrote:
> >
> >   Hi.  My main development machine is an i386 running -current.
> > However,
> > I have a few machines that are much slower that are providing most of my
> > services.  Is there a [good] way to build against the obj trees that I
> > also
> > built on this same build machine, so that the pkgsrc binaries are built
> > run on an alternative arch, or an alternative version of NetBSD?
>
> 	Use null and union mounts combined with chroot.

almost forgot: to build for a altername version of NetBSD the first
package you'll want to install in the chroot is pkgtools/libkver.
The packages you create will still work without that, but you'll get
warning about mismatched OS vesion when you install the packages.

as for building for an alternate arch, you can probably leverage the
crossbuilding tools from /usr/src, but I don't know what you'd need to
do to get pkgsrc to use those.

eric